By Alex Lemon
As the weather is heating up, now is the time to get outside and get active. Not only is being outdoors a fun way to spend time with your loved ones, but it is shown to improve your health. Children need at least 60 minutes of physical activity every day to stay healthy, and adults only need 30! Make goals with your friends and family to go outside and get your recommended amount of physical activity every day! This week, we are celebrating National Park Week, and it is the perfect time to get a group together to visit your local National Park! Check out these websites to learn more about how you can get active and celebrate nature with your loved ones this month:
- April 15-23 is National Park Week, and you can visit any National Park for free this weekend from the 22nd to the 23rd.
- April 22 is Earth Day! This Earth Day, get outside and create your own act of green by planting a tree or your own garden.
- April 23rd is ParkRx Day! See what parks near you are celebrating and learn how being in nature can improve your health
- Go on a bike ride. Check out this website to locate bike trails near you!
- Take a walk. Whether it is to your local park or down your street, walking is a good way to get active and spend time with the ones you love.
- Go swimming. As it gets hotter, swimming is a fun and easy way to get moving.
- Start a pick up game with friends. No matter your skill level, there’s no better way to get out of the house and have a good time.